Top 50 Paid iOS App Localizations
Have you ever wanted to know how many of the top 50 paid apps on the iTunes App Store localize their software? We’ve just completed a minor survey and we’d like to share our results.
Some interesting statistics:
- 34%Â of apps are localized (compared with a 22% spot-count in Jan 2011)
- 39%Â of US devs localized
- 23.5%Â of non-US devs localized
- 61.5%Â of those US devs who localized have offices abroad
- FR, DE, IT/ES, JA, ZH/KOÂ are the most popular languages (in that order)
Download the raw data
Want to download the raw data and take a look for yourself? No problem:Â download the pdf.
Yes, this survey is flawed
Taking the top 50 USA apps paid apps is a very narrow sample, not least to say the majority were games (62%) . Ideally we would have liked to spend more time on this and survey the top 100 paid and unpaid apps in the top 5 stores. We’d also love to compare iOS and Mac OS apps and see if there are any differences. Well, there’s always next weekâ€¦